28 August 2010

"And I'd like a Pink Parasol."


I was walking across that infamous bridge to meet my mom for lunch at South Coast Plaza a couple of days ago, and saw some women walking the other way with umbrellas open. It was about 90 million degrees and they were shielding themselves from the sun.

Who does that, anyway???

Then I remembered. Oh wait, I did. In my last area of my mission (I was there almost 5 months), the sun was so strong (it was also the most far South in Costa Rica I ever did get), all the women walked around during the day with their umbrellas up and out. I was paranoid about wrinkles, knowing I had to go home with skin supple enough to ensnare a man, and so I said to myself, I might as well.

Memories.

2 comments:

ericareynolds said...

It worked! You got a man AND you have supple skin!

[AnnieR] said...

Forget the parasol. Rock the Darth Vader sun visors the Asian women in Irvine are so fond of. You could pull it off.