16 February 2013

The 411 on Graham


I am here to give the gushy low-down on the apple of my eye.

Graham.

He has long, skinny feet and tiny ears.

His blue eyes just hiked a shade lighter in the last 24 hours.

His hair and skin is also lighter than Jude's was at this juncture.

He has my mouth.

His squeaks and grunts and stretches have been my favorite thing.  I missed that about newborn times!

He was trying to hold his head up about 45 seconds outside the womb.  Jude was like that too.

He eats like a pro and is chubbing up quite nicely.  Our pediatrician gave him his finger to suck on and said "No wonder he's gaining so much weight; he won't give me my finger back!  You must be so sore!"  Yesterday we went for a long walk and his cheeks jiggled as we went!  Swoon.

We dig the name Graham, and his middle name is after my darling brother. Cameron was named after my family's Scottish Clan.  So it's a nod to one of my favorite guys to ever walk the earth, Graham's cool Uncle Cam, as well as the whole kit and caboodle of Eaton heritage. I love seeing his name written out.  

Since we are past the 2 week mark, I'm going to call it: he's my Zen baby.  He doesn't ask for a thing but food (which I am happy to give).  To a car seat, he will say, "Sure."  Swing or not swinging, who cares?  He'll take or leave a swaddle.  He sleeps in his crib in his own room.  He's only cried when he's hungry or gotten a couple of smacks from his dear brother.  I am astonished at how continually calm his disposition is, and believe me when I say I'm not taking it for granted and am thankful for it every day.  He is going easy on me.

He is a beautiful, beautiful blessing in our home and life.  I am so thankful Heavenly Father sent him to be a part of our family.  

1 comment:

KatieB said...

He is so sweet! I am so so happy for you that he has been easy for you so far. Fingers crossed! There is nothing like an easy baby :)