07 February 2013

Blurb

Here's a blurb of info while I have 2 sleeping babies, logged an awesome nap this morning, and Jeff is in the kitchen whipping up some freezer meals (I know, so sweet).

My Graham is a week old today.  It seems like it should be shorter or longer than that depending on the minute of the day.  We are doing great, but I haven't been on my own yet, so check back with me in about 10 days when my help is all gone :).  There have been moments of crazy, but not like the chandelier is shaking and everyone is screaming and there's shattered glass on the floor, more like Jude wants something he can't have and is simultaneously trying to give the baby zerberts (which just results in G getting a nice saliva spray), and I want to sleep and/or stare at my baby in a little postpartum cocoon but I know that's not going to happen until 7pm.  At which point I'll be so wiped out the cocoon won't be as easy to enjoy.

But I can tell you, Jude is handling it better than I expected, and Graham has been 100% heaven.  There is little to no anxiety regarding him, unlike last time, and I'm soaking in his smallness and the newborn squeaks.  We snuggle him and feel unbelievably lucky to get this experience -- again!

More to come, but here are a few visuals:


People are saying he looks more like me, and I do see some Eaton in that face, but I have seen Jude's newborn face flash across his about 4 million times.  I'm going to do a newborn shoot on Saturday or Sunday and hopefully I can catch some of that.

We didn't pick his name for about 8 hours, so the nurses just wrote "Hayes" on his bassinet card. 

Mimi and Grandpa came to visit, and were the only ones (besides clergy) that would have been allowed into the recovery wing because of how awful flu season has been this year.  So Jude didn't get to come, Aunt Sarah didn't get to come, and it was kind of a bummer.  But so nice that both of my boys met their Eaton grandparents at least on the day they were born.



I am so proud of all 3 of my boys!  Looking at this picture makes me feel like the luckiest girl.

New family of 4.


5 comments:

kt said...

I love all of these pictures! You are such a beautiful family of 4! Can't wait to meet little G :)

Carrie said...

I love the picture of the two of you snuggled up together sleeping. So precious. Thanks for sharing.

Alice said...

Doesn't Jude seem huge now?

mcampbell said...

I love your little family! And I'm so anxious to meet little G. Looking forward to a trek down sometime in the next few months. Love from all the Campbells.

KatieB said...

He is so delicious!!! That picture of him napping on you makes me baby hungry. Hope everything stays under control for you :)