15 March 2013

Feeding the Irvine Ducks

A few Saturdays ago, Jude woke up from his nap and we needed to get out of the house.  I don't remember how we arrived at this idea but we found ourselves at the (fake) lake in Irvine, feeding the ducks with almost-dead bread.  As we sat there chucking grains to the geese and ducks, I realized how perfect an activity this was for this exact day, and with the whole newborn thing we could've easily talked ourselves out of it.  I loved taking the kids to the lake I used to go to to feed the ducks as a wee lassie, Jude was obviously beside himself over the ducks being so close and being encouraged to throw food, and got some wiggles out.

Then we stopped off at McDonalds, popped in to say hi to my parents, and went straight from there to our friend Rodney's bday party.  After that it was home again, home again, jiggety jig for our R&R/Graham Time.  A seriously awesome Saturday afternoon; I'm always grateful for a day that accommodates everyone.

Jude threw some of the bread to ducks, but kept stuffing some of it into his own mouth.  Hence the trip to McDonalds afterward.

Ah, the good old Irvine Lake.

Aggressive geese.

No comments: