14 February 2010

By Week's End,

I shall blog my wedding photos. We were a weensy bit spoiled because our photographer, Kylie Nixon, had an assistant, and then my sister Elizabeth is quite the photog, as is my father-in-law, as is his lifelong friend Richard. So we have quite a bit of high-resolution photos spilling in, and until I have the last of them, I shan't blog it.

BUT,

Hey! We've been married 3 weeks, and guess what: we're totally pro. We've got it all figured out. So we thought it was time to help others. Our book, "How to be Married and Stay as Funky Fresh as We Are" will commence printing tomorrow, and our first 50 customers will be treated to a free pamphlet on "How to Use Your 2nd Bedroom as a Dumping Ground for Knick-Knacks, Papers, Electronic Cords, and General Stuff You and Your Husband Don't Use Often or Need but Can't Let Go Of".

And also,




Yes, she's real. Sometimes it seems impossible there could be something this cute, and let alone that she could belong to me (ok she really belongs to my sister+BIL, but whatever), but I promise she is in fact a truth.

And on this, the day of love, I pay tribute (again! I just can't stop!) to another truth:



I absolutely, positively, could not have married a sweeter man, or made a better decision. I love him more than I could ever hope to say.

And a Valentine Bit in parting:

O mistress mine, where are you roaming?

O, stay and hear! your true love's coming,

That can sing both high and low:

Trip no further, pretty sweeting;

Journeys end in lovers meeting,

Every wise man's son doth know.

What is love? 'tis not hereafter;

Present mirth hath present laughter;

What's to come is still unsure:

In delay there lies no plenty;

Then come kiss me, sweet-and-twenty!

Youth's a stuff will not endure.

William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

3 comments:

ericareynolds said...

I am laughing out loud! I would love a first edition copy of your new book, signed of course. I can't wait to hear your pearls of wisdom. :) And Shakespeare, too. It's like we are sisters! Love you, Merzy! Thank you for marrying my brother! :)

Annie said...

you are super lucky to get all the photos... the day goes by so quickly, you will want to soak them up! you looked incredible! i cannot believe how talented your mom is!

Melly Mel said...

I love how much you are in love. It makes me so happy. You guys are so great. I love this from William Shakey. He is great.