|You know, just sunbathing in January with his friend Oliver. No big deal.|
- We've finally got him folding his arms for at least a few seconds of our prayers, but he hasn't grasped the proper closing echo. He usually says, with gusto, "ALL DONE!" when he hears "Amen." :)
- He brings me piles of books throughout the day. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm so glad I don't have to twist his arm on this. A favorite is Dr. Seuss' ABCs. Totally random though, and I can't wait to hear the reason one day, when we get to the letter R, and "Rosy's red rhinoceros," he points and starts protesting, "No-no-no-no!" So I cover it up and say, "That's right. No!" because I'm just happy he loves books, and figure he's got a good enough reason (whatever it is).
- I think he might have a clue about the baby. Maybe. We've borrowed a swing from friends Lisa and Rodney (they are so awesome at sharing this thing; besides their daughter Lyla it's been used by 3 other friends' babies over the last 2 years!) and it's sitting in the nook until we bring the baby home. The other day he went up to it, swung it a bit, pointed in the seat and said, "Baby." We'll see!
- Sad: after he came up with his fifth ear ache in his 23 months of life, we are starting the ear tubes process. He's seeing an ENT a week from Monday, and while I don't like the idea of my sweet boy having surgery, I love the idea of him not having more ear infections. I realize this is fairly minor, I just also don't think any mother likes their child to be anything but 100% healthy (this is maybe a fib -- I loved it when he snuggled with me for hours at a time that one fever he had at 9 months. That was the sweetest thing ever).
- If he's misbehaving I can give him a LOOK, and he stops what he's doing, and we have a short staring contest while he tries to gauge how mad I'd be if he continued with his original plan. Then he either tickles me to break the ice/distract from his ever considering disobedience, or he just laughs. And it cracks me up but I try not to laugh. :)
- The closer I get to the baby, the more sentimental I get about how cute he is, how much GOOD he's brought into our family, and how he'll always be my first baby. He's my little dream.
|Checking Jeff's mouth for....who knows, but I'm just going to say cavities.|