* We watched Megamind a couple of weeks ago; I was laughing the whole time. Elizabeth told me it was funny but I underestimated it.* I've been something of a law widow lately.
* I lost my writing mojo.
* Do they really have to wait until the new year to give us the second season of Downton Abbey???
* I have been reading baby books because my other book is Mockingjay and I am just not getting into it. Maybe it's because I already know how it ends. I read about it on Wikipedia. Eek! I do this from time to time because I become scared I'll invest time and emotion into reading something and hate the ending and have to mourn it for a few days, so I read epilogues or find out the ending halfway through.
* We keep buying carseat toys for Jude in hopes of converting the act of leaving the house from a terrorizing experience into a blissful (or just tolerable?!) one. They are ugly but they're all that are available. They don't work. Maybe it's because they're ugly.
* My mom came over on Friday afternoon to start teaching me how to sew. It was a blast. She also had an epiphany about our mantle and now it looks like this:
I'm digging it. The clock in the middle was a gift from Jeff ("and Jude") for Mother's Day. Love it.
* I'm typing up this blog post on my 2005 Mac iBook G4. What a crazy miracle. This thing is so slow, so haggard, so weighed down with memory overload and gunk. It sometimes decides not to work. The battery will last for oh, 2/3 of a minute if it's not plugged in. I need to clean it up and move the pictures and my music over to the good computer before this thing bites the dust for good.
* I kiss my baby approximately 2,384 times a day. His cheeks are heaven.
* And a non-iPhone picture in parting: