14 May 2009

A Moment of Clarity

Warning: This post might only be interesting to you if you watch American Idol and/or knew me and my roommates in the Fall of 2004 at BYU.

I pinpointed it. Adam Lambert's style of music is a million miles away from anything I'd ever choose to listen to, his performance mojo gives me the heebee jeebees (roll that tongue up and put it back in your trap!), and I'd love to just get me a cotton ball, some Sally Hansen "Vitamin E Infused" nail polish remover and go to town on his nails (and maybe his eyelids). BUT, grounds to dislike him though that may be, I think there's something else afoot here. Last night, something in his reaction to being passed through to the finals (feigned shock and chuckle) sparked my attention. Although he's done it a million times before, something was a smidgen different last night.

As I was falling asleep, it came to me: Adam Lambert is JUST like my former roommate's former boyfriend!!! Despite the difference in sexual orientation, they have similar diva-ish mannerisms, "battle" with false modesty, and I think the only reason I haven't realized how extremely similar their faces are until now is because Adam Lambert's hair is quite distracting in all its wrongness. Anyway, this Adam Lambert twin that I knew at BYU (and who may or may not be one of my friends on Facebook) broke my dear roommate's heart out of nowhere. Broke it into about a million pieces, dropped her like she was hot.

I really don't want him to win, ok America?

2 comments:

m.m. said...

i'm with you. i will vote for kris with every phone i can get my hands on and for as long as i can possibly stand it.

elizabeth said...

I'm with you, Sis. I'm with you all the way.