My favorite moments were......
- When my dad cooked a Saturday night family dinner that could not have tasted better if it were at the most swankified restaurant in town. Obama doesn't eat as good as we did that night. Betcher Bama dollar. :)
- Eating cherries and home-spun oreos and ice cream in the Lake park at the heart-warming and tasteful party/picnic that Shauna and Lindsey threw for me. It was way more than I deserved, but I'll take it gladly.
- Getting a bike! I LOVE that bike. LOVE it.
- Hearing "Favorite Thing About Merzy" from those around the Saturday evening table. I LIVE for that moment of the year. I'll practically do anything for a compliment, and on m' birfday I don't even have to hint or cue or beg on my hands and knees for an ego fluff. By the way, my dad called ME a chatterbox on the way to the San Diego Temple earlier Saturday. If Jim Eaton ever calls YOU a monologue fiend, man... I mean, where do I go from there? I've out-rocked the proverbial Bono.
- I shared the bday with Mike Cunningham for the first time this year, and as ever, with Annie Garlock Reynolds and Brie Gassin Jenkins. Sharing is caring. Sela Ward and Armani also celebrate with me, but they don't know it.
- I loved opening up my email from Cameron on Monday and reading his reminder that (totally strange but true) many of the "Gone Too Early" entertainers of the world went at 27. Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, River Phoenix, Jonathan Brandis, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Ron McKernan just to name a few. Horrible. I don't have a drug addiction (Diet Coke doesn't count) so I expect to make it to 28.
I had a wonderful time. For photos check out Facebook or maybe I'll have the energy tomorrow. Goodnight!