10 July 2009

The Cliffs of Insanity

Last Friday was a holiday. Bless it ever.

I'd just finished popping Costco samples into my mouth when I received a text from Jeff offering 2 recreational options for the day. One of these was cliff jumping with some wardies.

Now, I am no daredevil, and I came to terms LONG AGO with my criminal lack of hand-eye coordination. I don't really know why I thought this would be a good idea, but even as those samples were breaking down in my stomach I was strapping on my handy swim suit and meeting up at the Villa with the rest of my compatriots.

I will spare the internet the details about how we got to this little jumping spot, but after we hit the sand we climbed a bunch of this and that and I almost ate it 43 times and needed help from muscley arms every step of the way, and then Brandon Brown started telling stories of the last time when he almost died and there was high tide and I thought to myself, "WHY do I get myself into these situATIONS?!" and then when we got around the "mountain" wall, we arrived at the glorious spot of shore right across from something like this:



Awesome. So after much hemming and hawing and some more muscley help and swallowing far too much ocean water and getting a wee scrape up my wee shin and climbing up the mountain wall and thinking every 8.2 seconds, "I'm going to die, and I'm going to die in my BATHING SUIT!", it was my turn to jump so I remembered the lesson I learned when I got bamboozled into going sky diving and bungee jumping: "Just jump before you have a chance to think about it." Somewhere in all that I decided that this was the best thing I could have done that day. It was so much fun.

The end.

2 comments:

ericareynolds said...

Seriously, you've been sky diving and bungee jumping? What the???

MeiLani and Michael said...

Ahhhh, brandon... such an uplifter.