13 January 2009

Baby Daddy

Yesterday I was at Target in the check out line.  I found myself right behind a young father of 3 who was loading up the conveyor belt with his extensive spoils.  The little bambinos, the eldest of which could not have seen more than 4 years on this Earth, were causing quite a ruckus, as is their duty.  The Dad was flustered, but sweetly and patiently keeping on top of it all, muttering things to himself about, "Yes, we got the Taylor Swift CD, ok there's the Windex, oh, and the nail polish..."

Then suddenly as the cashier began scanning their bounty of items, the oldest threw his arms up in the air, 

"Dad! Dad!  GET ME DOWN, GET ME DOWN!"
Dad: Ok, yeah...[picks him up and gets him out of the cart].
Boy: I've GOT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!
Dad: No, you have to wait a few minutes.
Boy: NO, I've GOT TO go NOOWWWWWWW!
Dad: No!  I can't take you right now!
Boy: I'm going to go to the bathroom in
THREE!....
TWO!....
ONE!....












Nothing happened in the way of bodily waste making a home where it shouldn't, but I think Dad must have popped a few Excedrin when he got home.  Utterly cute.

1 comment:

Jim Eaton said...

Hey Merzy, this has nothing to do with Target, but I figured out that the spiced up mashed potatoes you made were for public consumption. They were terrific. I had two large bowls and am now caring the potato goodness afterglow as thigh and belly fat. What is the recipe. I want more...