04 October 2008

i stand corrected.

yesterday i was at lunch with a couple of chums, and a young man present named occunningham said who knows what, and i misused the words sympathize and empathize in my reply. occunningham called me out on it. i argued the point for a minute, then retraced my verbal steps, and ceded. i know, riveting. he demanded that i blog about it and expose my folly, because he, the accountant, thinks that i, the former english major, am supposed to have perfect grammar every waking moment. ok, maybe i often do, but as yoda would say, "human i am." or that's what yoda would say a) if he were real, and b) if he were human.

occunningham, here is your big, fat, freaking blog post about my guffaw and your victory.

3 comments:

Jim Eaton said...

We must all suffer wordsmithing, arrogant, culture biggots.

Meredith said...

are you talking about me or mike :) ?

My Name is Mike said...

hahhahahahhahah i love it! i can now rest in peace.