This is the infamous Spinach Smoothie. My darling friend Erin requested the recipe this morning, and I thought while I was writing it up, I might share the green lovin with everyone.
Step A: You must have a blender. This is not an option. If you have a clean blender on hand, you may proceed to Step B. If you have no blender, well then, as Wesley once said, "We are at an impasse."
Step B: Chuck into the clean blender:
- 2 handfuls of spinach (Which is why, for the love of all that is good on this earth, wash your hands before you start this.)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 cup coconut or soy milk (You get to choose! This smoothie is all about the free agency!)
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons MILLED/GROUND/GRAINY/SAND-esque flax seed. Works wonders for your cardiovascular health, not to mention your skin will GLOW and SHIMMER upon consumption.
- After this, folks, you get to take creative control. You are the arteests. If you want to throw in some strawberries, room temperature or frozen, be my guest. If you like a good mango now and again, knock your socks off. go wild.
Step C: Guzzle, slurp, and bottoms up.
I promise, while this thing looks irrevocably green, it does not taste at all like spinach. It takes on more the flavor of the fruits and the orange juice. And it is THE BIZZLE, I assure you. This has been an Eaton Family Favorite since Christmas morning 2007 (see proof above), when it was taste tested and emphatically endorsed. I promise there was no double dipping involved.