23 November 2008

chipmunks roasting on an open fire.

fact: the christmas pixie has begun pinching everyone in sight.  

costco and i were up for it weeks ago, but i think even the most frenzied "NOT UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!" of us have felt their chilly crust chipping away.  the season goes by far too quickly, in my opinion, and we must take advantage.  and as if that weren't enough, i double-dog dare you to try to unravel my argument that the thing i'm most THANKFUL for in life is the gospel, in which christmas day plays a most crucial role.  to me, thanksgiving and christmas are siamese twins, the kind that even patrick dempsey cannot surgically separate.

yesterday i was asked what has me the most excited for the holidays.  i responded, "the coziness thereof."  give me a big blanket, a snuggly boy, a christmas movie, and the rest of my most favorite people, and really, does life get any better?  i submit that it does not.

and so, to you my dear friends, i say, "christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please to put a penny in the old man's hat."

No comments: