06 June 2009

where do i sign?!

after almost a year of either being unemployed or working a job that made me feel grim about the future,

i
got
a
tight
job
!

one that i wanted, really really wanted.
i will be working as a paralegal assistant at a righteous firm in costa mesa. props be to ashlee macdonald for watching out for a fellow daughter of zion.
i can finally stop hopping around, i can just plant some roots and GROW with a company.
i celebrated by stuffing my face with an inordinate amount of potato wedges and sweet potato fries. i'm really into potatoes lately. and then jeff and i made nachos. why do all my most triumphant moments in life need to be followed by things that clog my arteries?

i'm still vibrating for excitement, relief, and gratitude.


and yes, mike cunningham DID take this photo.

7 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

I am thrilled to my greasy bone marrow for you.

And long live the potato.

m.m. said...

yay! see, you didn't need me anyway.

let's go to lunch some time when you start school. because, you know, i live on campus.

Aubrey Messick said...

HOOOORAY! Congrats Merz. Sounds like and awesome job. Does this mean you'll be moving back to HB? :)

Anna said...

Yay! Congrats, Meredith!! I'm so happy for you :)

Meredith said...

yes, aubs, it most certainly DOES mean i'll be moving back to HB.

Meredith said...

and thanks, y'all :).

Margaret said...

Did the fact that you have had a warrant out for your arrest AND beaten the system with your charm help get you this job?

I can only hope so. Congrats.