- Jude calls Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh "Christmas-topher Robin".
- Buttons are "bundts" and I love it when he says "I pushed those bundts."
- I was trying on some shoes and there were some Converse on a nearby table. Jude said, "Don't wear those shoes, Mom. Those are for kids.
- "Sometimes you just get bonks."
- "Mom, I'm eating this comb." "Does it taste good?" "No...it just tastes like chicken."
- As of a couple of days ago he calls me "Honey". I chuckle every single time.
- I was in the middle of the bedtime routine in Jude's room, Graham was getting cranky so I put him next to Jude, and Jude goes, "Get off!" and then put his hands over his eyes and whispered "Get off get off get off get off!" like he was using every ounce of self-control. :)
- "No, no, no buddy," to Graham when Graham was banging on the fireplace.
- He's dying for a Lego VW Bus set, and I told him maybe for Christmas. He goes, "I am Christmas."
- This week while singing him Primary songs at bedtime, "I just need to hold your hand."
26 June 2014
Not unlike Jude
18 June 2014
- We learned the hard way that IKEA is really only good for picture frames, book shelves, ie things that don't get moved much. So we got new dining chairs to replace the crap IKEA chairs, and the next day Graham started climbing on them every chance he got. Jude watched him stand on the kitchen table in awe and I could see inspiration flooding his brain. Anyway, the chairs sit behind the gate, in the front hall 99% of the time. Nice.
- Jude is really into the "I have to _____." I have to eat a lollipop. I have to go to the park. I have to play with the screw driver. I have to hit Graham.
- Speaking of beating up Graham, I was holding him yesterday and Jude goes, "Mom, put Graham down. I have to shoot him."
- As soon as they get out of the bath, Graham likes to do his Frankenstein walk down the hall, chasing Jude and growling full-force and Jude thinks it's hilarious. Cute.
- Graham must have everything just like Jude. He wants the same kind of cup, he wants to hold the same kind of food even if he has no intention of eating it, he wants the same toys, etc. etc. etc.
- Jude is all about the letters and pretending to read. Maybe one of the cutest sights mine eyes behold is when he pretends to read a book to me or his stuffed animals. It's also a hoot to find out what he's really hanging onto from when I read to him.
- When we have family prayer in the morning, all we need to do is say the word and no matter where Graham is, he will buzz right over to the family room and prostrates himself on the rug. He thinks this is how we pray because Jude usually starts with an obedient kneel but quickly rolls onto the floor.
- Jude and 3 other boys from church have had the CUTEST playgroup of all time for the past 6 months. Even though having 4 little boys ages 2 and 3 plus Graham was a little crazy for the one day a month I'd host, it was also so endearing and sweet. The boys are totally snuggle monsters and hilarious. Anyway, we're taking a break for the summer because 2 of the boys have older siblings that will be out of school. I think Graham is going to be a little depressed about this; he lights up when it's just the two of us and he gets all the attention to himself. Just wait, my little lamb, preschool is just a few months away! (And playgroup will resume 1 day a week.)
- I've been editing a recipe book and am still working for a non-profit doing some marketing and writing. So that's why this blog has been neglected; I put the kiddie bops to bed and start working a little and before I know it it's way past my old lady bedtime. But good news: since The Mindy Project went on summer hiatus I had nothing to "watch" (listen to) whilst I worked but Hulu+ just got Real Housewives of Beverly Hills -- score! This'll keep me busy for a few months.