19 January 2009

My Would-Be Happy Place

I've said before on this blog that my "Happy Place" is the day I spent at Versailles with Sarah and Mummy in May 2006.  I still have it vivid in my noggin the crunching gravel beneath our feet as we walked just us girls to the Hamlet village, the old, maroon (in some places, crunched) velvet on the King's furniture, the chubby cherubs lolly-gagging about the murals, the checkered marble floor, the staircase with the railing fit for a giant, and, of course, the chill of the coke lite in my hand.

I've never been to Italy, but I imagine this locale from Much Ado About Nothing would be another instant Happy Place.  Someday I'll suck in some Italian aire and think to sing "Hey nonny nonny!"  Until then, this is gratis:

3 comments:

The Special Reds said...

Loved the video clip--Branagh is a master. Joel served his mission in Milan, Italy. Someday we will go back and meet the one person he baptized (hey, it's a tough mission) and just go sightseeing. --Kera

Chrissy said...

Love this movie, it is a part of my dvd collection

Margaret said...

This is one of my favorite movies ever!
"Against my will I am sent to bid you come into dinner....there's a double meaning in that."