09 May 2009

Warning: There will be no discernable fluidity to this blog post.

People I've Recently Seen at Work (much to my surprise):

* 2 friends from high school I've not seen since the day I watched while everyone else tossed their caps (I wanted to keep the one I paid for).

* I don't know if this would qualify as recently, but at my last job at Charles David, I was always seeing celebrities, or thinking I was seeing them. Tinsel Town Hallucinations? Probably more like I didn't realize Orange County is filled with women who either just had that lazer eye surgery and thus must wear their designer aviators both indoors and when exposed to the outer elements, or just are hiding from their kids who might be at the same mall with their nannies at that same time. Anyway, I thought I saw J. Lo, Paris Hilton, Molly Sims, and a few others. I think the only one I did really see is


Tricia Zunker. The little darling from that darling little documentary I watched with Jeff, Brendon, and Phil last fall, A Lawyer Walks into a Bar. If you've seen the movie, you'll understand why I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of letting her in on the fact that I remembered her face and from whence it came.

* My 6th grade teacher. He was a good teacher, but a little Shmarmy McShmarmy. He is always coming into the store and most of the time I try and hide. He just makes me nervous for some reason, and I think the last time I saw him he asked what my latest was and I blurted out, "My sister had a baby!!!!" and tried to get out of there as soon as possible. ??? Anyway, avoid-avoid-avoid is the best policy with that man.

Question:

Why is it that so many of the people who have gone the greenest of the green, only eat organic, puke if they see a plastic bag, do yoga in their sleep, and are morally opposed to gluten (I'm talking about the employees at Whole Foods and Mother's Grocer & Cafe) are also the same people that have tattooed every inch of themselves? Isn't a tattoo the most UNnatural thing to do to yourself? Wouldn't the ink being pumped into your system by a needle of questionable origin completely undo all the good you did by eating that bread with the twigs sticking out of it?

One More Question:

Do you think that 98 Degrees will ever have a reunion tour?

No comments: