16 October 2010

I actually spend a lot of time thinking about this.

What will I watch while I'm stuck on a couch feeding a baby all. the. time.?????

In the bounty of advice I've started to receive, there is a common command: "Make sure you have things to watch on tv while you're nursing. TV can and will save you."

Here's my list:

- Mad Men
- Felicity
- Gilmore Girls Seasons 3 and 4 (which I've seen many times, but those are my favorites.)
- I'm asking for Pride and Prejudice for Christmas (Jeff: Keira Knightly version, please, Jennifer Ehle has mannerisms that drive me up the wall, blasphemous as that is to say). I don't think it would be right to steal my mom's copy.

And I think that's all I've got so far. Any suggestions?

In other sprightly news, we have been scoring some major deals on all things baby. We have generous family donating their no-longer-needed fabulousities (we feel the love!), and for pretty much everything else we've been scouring craigslist. Really, these are all huge blessings. We've found some great things in great shape. The latest huge blessing is our stroller. We picked it up last night from a craigslist seller who lives 0.7 miles away. I think I've said to Jeff every 20 minutes, "You know, I'm so excited about our stroller." A basically unused Britax stroller for a mini fraction of the retail price. It was the exact retired model we needed for our carseat (which my sister found for me on craigslist for 1/10th of the price) which was sold out on every on line distributer. Does anyone else think this is as interesting as me? Probably not, but I'm loving it. And I'm loving the cup holder on the side which will support and shelter my diet cokes. High 5!

6 comments:

MeiLani and Michael said...

I still don't even believe your pregnant. I have not seen ONE picture that proves it and I refuse to believe it until I do. It is time to start embracing the baby belly and post a FULL picture of you to prove it!

KatieB said...

i read a lot of books when i nursed, not tv. but i'm still recommending veronica mars.

linda said...

Since you're already working on LOST, I suggest:

Arrested Development (the best comedy about family)
Modern Family (there's only one season out on DVD so far but it is hilarious)
Friday Night Lights (not so hilarious)

ericareynolds said...

I'm laughing because you think your diet coke will be in there! Ha, ha, no way girl--It will be the baby's sippy cup/bottle. :)

Katie Waldron said...

I have this stroller. I LOVE it. It works as a snap & go with an infant seat too. LOVE.

Sarah said...

i strongly believe in shopping angels....they are fo real