08 September 2008

A Pearl from Elder Holland

Tonight for FHE we watched the CES Broadcast from last night, featuring Elder Holland. He spoke about how we all must be sentenced to a period of time in Liberty Jail, and this comes from a loving Heavenly Father.  We've heard it all before but he makes it sound so...so...surrenderingly wonderful!  I think my favorite line of the evening was

Man's extremity is God's opportunity.

Makes the trials which come to us all seem like we hit the proverbial jackpot.
If you missed it, click here to listen.

Just look at him as a young buck!

3 comments:

Melly Mel said...

That was a great post Merzy. I love it. I wish I could have gone to the fireside. I'm glad you went.

brightonislove said...

So, I sat next to this girl in my sociology class from irvine,,,and me thinking hmmm I know its a shot in the dark but MAYBE she knows my cool friend mer mer. WELL...her name is darrin alberny??? Something like that. Anyway she said her sister and you were kinda friends or something :) random but yeah

ericareynolds said...

It's nice to know our prophet was good looking. That's important, you know?