22 September 2008

wish fulfilled!


ever since i saw my best friend's wedding, i wanted to make creme brulee. then i found out that you have to blow torch it to carmelize the sugar for that tap-tap-tap-crack quality of the first bite. the pyro in me called for creme brulee all the more. my sisters will testify to the truth that i for years have been saying my christmas present to myself would be a torch. it's never happened; the torch usually takes a back seat to some great pair of shoes or something.

my friend dre made a miracle last night. little cute pots of perfectly made french custard. and then she was my own miracle in letting me torch my own. fairy taaales can come truuuuuuue, it can happen to yoooooou.....

2 comments:

Monica said...

I have never made that before. How are you? it looks like you are quite a pro at that.

dre said...

I'm like a knight in shining armor...