02 December 2009

Thanksgibing.

Thanksgiving was pretty terrific. I snuggled small children to whom I shall be "Aunt Mer", I ate way too many carbs, I saw pictures of what my FH (Future Husband) looked like as a wee one,


watched a movie in a home theater that could beat up your in-law's home theater, got to know everyone, planned what we could, and let the engagement soak in. Odd things that made it feel more real somehow:

1. Facebook's method of confrontation:

That one had us laughing pretty hard. After Jeff hit "Confirm" it said, "You are now in a relationship with Meredith Eaton. You have no more relationship requests."

2. Receiving an assignment in the sibling present swap (and handing one out on the Eaton side as well). Erica and Robert and Sarah and Harry better be nice to us unless they've been craving chunks of coal to warm their Christmas hearts!



3. And eh, calling the Newport Beach LDS Temple to see if they had sealing availability on January 23rd at noon was sort of a trip, you know, kind of.


* I don't think it's possible to explain how much I love Nat King Cole's Christmas album. It says all things good to me. Growing up we'd prance around to Jonny Mathis, The Chieftans, Art Garfunkle, T. Bone Burnett, Jodi Collins, Harry Connick Jr., Mariah Carey, and many more, but there's almost nothing I'd rather listen to than Nat. The night we got engaged he sang to me the whole way home. He also sang to us while we drove to get his finger sized for his Man Bling in Salt Lake. Nat King Cole Christmas is to me what snow is to Lorelai Gilmore.


* By the way, I have grandmothers anew! My grandparents passed away a long time ago, and I have missed them. I now have 2 new grandmas. Woot woot! I didn't get to spend much time with one, but the other reminds me in looks and winning personality of Deborah Kerr in An Affair to Remember. Which, by the way, if you haven't seen it, after you smack yourself upside the hayd, go rent it and watch it until you know it by heart. It was really fun to call someone Grandma again; she's as sweet as can be.


Bah! Just looked at the clock!! Late late late!!!

3 comments:

ericareynolds said...

I feel fairly certain given recent events that I have a great Christmas present coming my way. Ha, Ha. Also, to help my Christmas credibility, I have already entered you into my phone as Meredith Eaton Hayes. It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Shall I keep going or is my Christmas present secured?

Shane and Lauren said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! You sound so great and completely happy. Have fun with all the wedding plans and the quick engagement...they're the best kind. I love the way your soon to be new sounds as well. Congrats again!

S.A.R. said...

Eh, you wanted a Snuggy for Christmas, right? Right? Because now that I've used it I can't return it.